Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Softwares to be Used in the Classroom

All subjects in school are important.  However, in my opinion, the most important 2 subjects are reading and math.  Now although I'm school with a goal to teach K-6 grade students, I have not yet experienced the joy of doing this.  The reason I feel Reading and Math are the most important subjects is because I have a 3rd grade daughter and a 1st grade son whose teachers focus more on this subject than anything else.  With that said, we have found several good website that allow drill and practice, problem solving, and instructional games). Once I began my teaching career, the sites that I KNOW I will use in my classroom are http://www.starfall.com/, http://www.coolmath-games.com/, and http://www.ixl.com/.  Each of these sites provide an enjoyable learning experience.  My kids are anxious to finish their homework when they arrive from school to play on these sites.  It attracts their attention while teaching them at the same time.  The games are easy to follow and provide learning instruction.  When my kids get an answer wrong, the game tells them why the answer is incorrect.  I feel that my students will love to get good behavior and be rewarded with playing these sites during down-time.

1 comment:

  1. Starfall is a wonderful website for early literacy learning. I have found that this site is perfect for students who are just learning to read, and ELL students as well. There are so many great websites that keep students engaged. I'm not sure if I posted www.multiplication.com on any of my posts, by that is a perfect interactive site for learning multiplication facts. Even my higher achieving students, who mastered their facts fairly quickly, always loved playing these games when they finished assignments early.

    ReplyDelete